Responsible for providing music therapy to hospice patients, families and staff at events and funeral services as needed to provide comfort, pleasure and socialization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
o Assess, monitor, and deliver appropriate music therapy needs of patients, families and staff to accomplish desired goals and outcomes;
o Collaborate with the Interdisciplinary team and Therapeutic Services Coordinator and other Hospice and community members/resources on behalf of patients and families;
o Support and maintain regulatory compliance;
o Maintain timely and appropriate records/documents per Hospice policies and procedures;
o Maintain/enhance professional skills and requirements including education and training;
o Take initiative as needed or when the opportunity arises;
o Perform other tasks and duties as assigned;
o Provide flexible delivery of music therapy services, as needed;
o Travel as required.
Formal Education Requirements
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Music Therapy, or related discipline.
Formal Experience Requirements
At least 1-2 years music therapy experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities (Competencies)
Certificates and Licenses
o Current professional designation or credential in music therapy (e.g. ACMT, CMT, MT-BC, or RMT) is preferred.
o Valid Driver license and current auto insurance.
Job Specific Competencies
o Music Theory and History
o Composition and Arranging Skills
o Major Performance Medium Skills
o Functional Music Skills
o Conducting Skills
o Movement Skills
o Therapeutic Applications
o Therapeutic Principles
o The Therapeutic Relationship
o Foundations and Principles
o Client Assessment
o Treatment Planning
o Therapy Implementation
o Therapy Evaluation
o Termination/Discharge Planning
o Professional Role/Ethics
o Inter-Professional Collaboration
o Research Methods
• Good organization skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Ability to complete daily documentation/timesheets, etc., and other work in a timely manner with limited supervision;
• Ability to manage time and priorities; ability to multi-task accordingly;
• Adhere to mission, vision, values, operating principles and strategic priorities;
• Maintain ethical standards, confidentiality and professional conduct;
• Must have proficient skills in MS Word, computer and internet;
• Strong communication skills including listening, verbal and written;
• Ability to work in a team setting, collaborate with others and adapt to a changing environment, while balancing priorities;
• Must have impeccable integrity, including maintaining ethical standards, confidentiality and professionalism.